Ignite Your High Growth Business
The IGNITE Startup Grant is a $1 million dollar fund offered to high-growth companies looking to expand or locate in Prince William County.
About the IGNITE Grant
The award-winning IGNITE entrepreneurial program provides greater opportunities for funding, education, and networking during pivotal years for scaling startups and high-growth businesses.
- Pre-revenue / startup phase
- Pre-revenue with institutional or investor funding, or
- Active sales funnel for product and purchase orders from buyers
- Business team in place
- Other funding of at least $1,000,000
Application and Video Pitch
- Have a high-growth business model
- Be for profit
- Stay in Prince William for three years after being funded
- Be current on all taxes
- Have at least a two-member team (preference for companies with one full-time member)
- Awardees must either:
- Currently reside in Prince William County, VA, or
- Reside outside of the NOVA EDA (Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax City, Fairfax, Falls Church, Fauquier County, Loudoun, Manassas, and Manassas Park)
Increase Your Chances to Be Selected
Never done a pitch before? You don't have to repeat your entire business plan, but you should:
- Summarize who you are, what it is, what you do, how you make money, what you seek etc.
- Communicate the core story clearly, efficiently and in a memorable way
- State the call to action
Contact Josh Green at the ICAP program for free personalized one-on-one assistance. ICAP provides targeted assistance to inventors and entrepreneurs to support bringing new technologies and innovations to market. It is an ideal program for early-stage high-growth ventures with, or looking for, investment.
Here is a great place to start. Add your branding, information, and polish to the attached template. Now, Present!
PolicyScope Helps Investors Tackle Information Overload
Viva Vita Expands Cognitive Stimulation Customer Base
Cyret’s Process Automation Moves Healthcare Data Faster with Fewer Errors
How To Create a Winning IGNITE Grant Pitch
Josh Green, Director of the Innovation Commercialization Assistance Program (ICAP) – a program of George Mason University and the Virginia SBDC, provides an overview of how to structure your three-minute pitch for Prince William County's IGNITE grant program.
IGNITE your Business: Tips for Launching over the Startup Chasm
An in-depth conversation from our all-star panel of startup, equity and industry experts discussing how to best position your high growth business to successfully bridge the startup chasm.